If you own or manage a business, planning your holiday party can be pretty intimidating! Determining locations, activities, food and gifts for a wide variety of people is no small task. Here’s a handy checklist from your Las Vegas corporate event-planning experts to get you started.
- Decide on the type of event: Will this be a casual, family-style event or a full-scale holiday gala? It’s important to determine the tone of your event before you get lost in the details.
- Determine a date and time: This is critical before you start looking for venues and catering.
- Create a guest list: Will you be inviting employees only, employees plus significant others, employees and families or employees and vendors to your event?
- Choose a venue: Your venue will be determined by the number of people in your party and the type of event you’re hoping to create. A nice restaurant is perfect for smaller parties, while a larger party venue might be necessary for bigger bashes.
- Decide on food: Food is a huge decision when it comes to corporate holiday parties, because that’s what can make or break the experience. Decide on a tentative menu, or contact caterers who can give you creative options.
- Think about entertainment: You’ll want to keep guests happy and entertained, so think about how to do it. Live holiday music is always welcome, while hypnotists, magicians and fortune tellers can be interactive and fun.
- Decide on an alcohol policy: While most employers serve alcohol at their parties, you may want to set some boundaries, like a drink limit or sticking just to beer and wine.
- Give a gift: It’s the holidays, after all. Sending your employees away with a little gift is a nice, elegant way to show you appreciate their hard work.
- Give some recognition: A holiday party is the perfect place to recognize employees who have excelled throughout the year. Plan a speech or ceremony recognizing certain people for specific accomplishments.