With close to 150,000 hotel rooms and 11 million square feet of meeting space, planning an event in Las Vegas can seem overwhelming at first.
Whether you are a corporate meeting planner, third party event planner, marketing manager, or executive assistant, you may be asking:
- Where can I find the best deal on a hotel room block?
- Will the best price offer the best guest experience?
- Which hotels will be the most popular 1-2 years from now when your group arrives?
Las Vegas is known as a city constantly reinventing itself. Unless you consistently review local Las Vegas happenings and know the city like the back of your hand, it can be difficult to stay ahead of the changes.
That’s why at CLI Groups, we focus on knowing each and every detail about the city.
Las Vegas Venue Experts
Members of our Las Vegas event planners are dedicated to knowing all there is to know about Strip and off-Strip hotels, changes at McCarran airport, convention center amenities, weather, and more.
For example, today in 2018, we are already planning for the following future Las Vegas venues:
- The Drew Las Vegas is scheduled to open in 2020 as the Strip’s first JW Marriott property. The hotel will add 4,000 hotel rooms and 500,000 sq ft of meeting space!
- The MSG Sphere – one of only two in the world that will offer a completely new, modern-day arena entertainment experience – is scheduled to open 2020 New Year’s Eve.
- Resorts World, Paradise Park, not to mention the Las Vegas Stadium (new home of the Raiders football team) are all expected to open in 2020. According to LasVegas Now.com, “The LVCVA estimates reinvestment from 2017 through 2019 to be more than $15 billion, bringing 14,000 hotel rooms.”
So with all these new Las Vegas venues and hotel rooms coming to the city, how do you know where to start?
Our team at CLI Groups has compiled a few secrets of a local Las Vegas event planner to help get you started:
First Impressions are Everything
No other city in the world provides the ability for more than ten thousand arriving guests to be at their hotel within 15 minutes. Be sure your airport transfers are professional, clean, and easy to work with to ensure the best first impression.
Know Your Convention Space
Las Vegas is home to three of the world’s ten largest convention centers: Sands Expo and Convention Center, Las Vegas Convention Center, and Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Help your guests improve their experience by leading them to the best entrances, shortest walking paths, and exact locations of your meeting space.
Embrace the Heat
Las Vegas can reach temperatures of up to 120 degrees in the summer. Yet, people are often surprised of other impacts of the dry climate – both good and bad. Anticipate outdoor event needs such as misters and sun block. Hosting your event in the winter? You may be surprised to learn Las Vegas can also reach freezing temperatures at night. Careful, expert planning can help you anticipate guests’ needs in all of Las Vegas’s weather.
Be Prepared for Last-Minute Additions
According to the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, attendance increases by an average of 9% when conventions rotate into Las Vegas. Be prepared for late add-on’s by including a buffer in your final counts.
Have questions on selecting a Las Vegas venue? Or, need help on airport transfers, decor, event production, or talent? Our Las Vegas event planners are ready to make your next event a true success! Contact our event specialists, or schedule your 15-minute event assessment today. We’d love to work with you!